The average age of a newly-appointed chief executive officer of 673 companies in the Fortune 500 and S&P 500 is 50 years old. Why do young entrepreneurs with almost no business experience outperform seasoned executives with decades of business experience? Gleb Tsipursky explains why in his provocative new book. Too much experience loads up a…[Read more]
Coaching packages allow you to improve your skills in decision-making, emotional self-awareness, and influencing others by applying our proprietary methodology to your specific needs through one-on-one guidance from one of our principals. http://bit.ly/2oTVDg1
#decisionmaking #behavioraleconomics #personaldevelopment
Because we usually feel that everything is going to go according to plan, we don’t pay nearly enough attention to potential problems and fail to account for them in our plans. This problem is called a planning fallacy. http://bit.ly/2Nj2Ej3
#humanresources #leadershipdevelopment #management
Avoiding Disastrous Decisions involves:
1) Deciding the decision criteria
2) Weighing importance of criteria
3) Grading your options using the criteria
4) Checking with your head and gut
5) Sticking to your choice
This is the key take-away message of this episode of the Wise Decision Maker Guide, which describes the technique for Avoiding…[Read more]
Collaborative truth-seeking need not replace debates at all times. This non-intuitive mode of engagement can be chosen when discussing issues that relate to deeply-held beliefs and/or ones that risk emotional triggering for the people involved. http://bit.ly/2ZHgtMe
#emotionalintelligence #behavioraleconomics #personaldevelopment
- There\’s no reason to be the richest man in the cemetery. You can\’t do any business there. – Colonel Sanders, Founder, KFC #businessleaders
- Mike O'Connor
- SWOT Assessments usually fail to account for our mental blind spots. It’s particularly problematic that SWOT is almost always performed in a group setting, and cognitive biases are exponentially increased in group settings.
#unconsciousbias #behavioraleconomics #management
Get a free copy of my Assessment on Avoiding Dangerous Judgment Errors in the Workplace when you register for my free Wise Decision Maker Course!
Coaching packages allow you to improve your skills in decision-making, emotional self-awareness, and influencing others by applying our proprietary methodology to your specific needs through one-on-one guidance from one of our principals. In addition to the three monthly coaching packages listed below, we offer customized packages to fit your…[Read more]
Are you prepared to make wise decisions quickly?
Ask yourself these 5 key questions:
1) What key info do I need?
2) What cognitive biases might harm me?
3) What would a trusted adviser say?
4) How might this fail?
5) Why might I revise this decision?
#unconsciousbias #decisionmaking #personaldevelopment
- Load More