So you want to know how to make money kicking ass on social media?
I don’t blame you, because most people use social media in some way, shape or form every day. More and more people are also using social media marketing to make money working from home too.
The idea of making a living by starting a home-based business and working from home is appealing because freedom is an addiction.
People are meant to be free. Making a decent living working from home in your spare time also provides a lot of freedom that most people don’t have.
The great thing about making a living on social media is that there are hundreds of thousands of people doing it successfully that you can use as an example.
Some do it a lot better than I do. I’ll probably also never catch up to some of them, but that’s ok. You don’t have to be an internet Jedi or digital marketing genius to make a living working from home online.
The obvious thing for me to do would be something like suggesting you create a FREE SPN account today.
However, I want to give you different tips here today. I mean, How to build your brand and business in 2019 with SPN is an entirely different blog altogether afterall.
10 Steps To Making Money Online Through Social Media:
- Open Your Mind: Keep an open mind and ask a lot of questions, but take everything with a grain of salt. I question anyone that labels themselves an expert because it tends to mean they’re less eager to learn. Listen to new ideas and compare them to what you know to be true, but don’t take advice as internet law.
- Engage: You’ll never kick ass on social media if you can’t get a hang of the social part. One of the best ways to get started in social media is to reach out to influencers that are known for engaging back. Those are the real influencers and they’re also known for being helpful for a reason. If you get the answers you seek, then pay it forward by sharing that information with the next would be an online entrepreneur. Always pay it forward. There is a reason why win-win networking and marketing is becoming so popular.
- Apply Consistency: Each social media platform has different influencers that stand out. Few influencers really stand out on multiple platforms, because each platform takes a decent amount of effort to get to that level. I’m known for my LinkedIn, but people like Sam Hurley and John White put me to shame on Twitter. Find two or three social media platforms that you want to focus on, so you can apply the right amount of consistent effort to each one. There are a ton of ways to make money and become an influencer online, but few are easy or will happen overnight. Most people that make money online do so because they do what it takes to make it happen. If you’re working a full day at your day job, then you have to sacrifice a few hours more each day to start building your online revenue. People that don’t make it work on the internet never actually got to work or gave up. Where would you be today, if you began last year and did a little bit every day?
- Strength In Numbers: Find networking and industry groups to join and apply the rules above. Participating in groups and adding value to them will help you grow your network and audience quicker than anything. I may admittedly be a little bias, but I suggest joining SPN social media groups.
- Be A Kindness Enthusiast Focusing On Positivity: Follow the golden rule online, because it’s hard to not like someone that treats you with kindness. The internet has a lot of negative people on it, so it’s not terribly hard to stand out by just being kind. There is always a way to make your point or debate while including a little kindness. If you can’t think of something nice, or at least diplomatic to say, then it’s best to keep on scrolling.
- Sharing Is Caring: The biggest trick to making money on the internet is getting traffic to your site or links. Having a few good social media buddies also makes a huge difference. Social media shares can drive traffic directly to your site or links, but they also help build up trust factors with Google and other search engines. Sharing content helps the author and also makes them more likely to share your content. Now, don’t get obnoxious and share a ton of crappy content, because that will kill your credibility. Share freely, but make sure it passes the quality test and adds value to your audience. Find different ways to highlight your connections to help them out and build a solid #WinWin relationship. I did this recently using a kick ass and totally FREE digital Marketing tool:
- Be Unique By Being Yourself: There are billions of people using the internet, so there is an audience for everyone. Be yourself and follow the rules above and you will build an audience. People follow people that they like and one of the best ways to make friends on the internet is keeping it real. It’s always important to be as authentic as possible, but make sure you avoid doing certain things that destroy brand names daily.
- Don’t Miss Good Opportunities To Get An Edge: Change management is perhaps the best skill one could possess if they want to make money working from home. Digital Marketing is a constantly changing industry because new trends and technology are always popping up. It’s important that you take opportunities when they’re available because there is nothing worse, then missing a good opportunity due to fear. A lot of people are already regretting missing the opportunity to claim good usernames on FYI.to.
- Make It As Easy As Possible To Get Paid: You can make money in a variety of different ways through affiliate advertising. Thanks to FYI you don’t even need a website or blog. However, I also strongly suggest getting a WordPress site going, so you can build a long-term business. You can also make money through Google AdSense if you generate enough traffic to your website or blog.
- Cut Out The Negative Influences In Your Life And Take Care Of Yourself: Everyone making money online also had to make the decision to ignore the negativity in their way. There are a million excuses you can tell yourself and people will come up with another million reasons why you can’t make money on the internet. You can do anything you want in this world if you want it bad enough and work. There are a lot of people online that want to see you succeed. I know, because I am one of them. Contact me for help anytime.
Thanks for reading!